This baby girl is the perfect addition to this beautiful family. Baby T was a dream during her newborn photography session! She is the sweetest little peanut and slept so soundly through her session. Her brothers were in awe of her and I know they will be her protectors for life. These kiddos are so precious, their parents are truly blessed! One of the best perks of my job is meeting so many families and amazing kiddos.
Bear Cake Smash theme for baby Hadley’s first birthday photos. H was so smiley throughout her photo session!
We started off with some simple milestone portraits on this hand painted sunflower backdrop painted by Heidi Hope. It’s perfect because we used sunflowers as a theme through out her first year. And isn’t H’s dress just darling? It’s an Amazon find! Right when her momma sat her down she was cheesing hard, I don’t think I have ever had a baby smile this easily for their whole session! I just adore when she throws her hands up to say ‘SO BIG’ her smiley cheeks make her eyes close. It’s pretty hard to believe this sweet girl is already one. I have captured here every few months for the last year and it’s been incredibly special.
I tell ya, time is a thief. This first year goes by so fast! I am glad mom & dad got into a few family poses with their baby girl. It was crazy hot outside this day, and funny thing is last time we did family poses outdoors it was polar opposite of freezing temps. Wisconsin weather! After our quick trip outdoors for some family poses it was time for the cake smash.
Picking a theme was hard, but her parents have called her Hadley Bear since she was just a few days old and she LOVES all her stuffed teddies. So a Bear Cake Smash theme seemed perfect. Her parents brought in some of H’s favorite teddy bears from home & I put them into a simple pink and yellow set up. Sweet & simply perfect for little Miss Hadley. She chomped on her cake and smashed it around a bit before we ended with a quick bucket bath.
Happy birthday baby H! It’s been quite a year and I am so honored I got to capture your many milestones.
Maternity and newborn photography sessions of this gorgeous new family of 3! Baby Q is so lucky to have such amazing parents that are in complete awe of her. I am always so honored to get to capture both maternity and newborn photography sessions for new parents! Seeing and hearing about their excitement awaiting baby and then witnessing that love blossom even more than they can imagine once their baby is in their arms. It is so beautiful!
Sweet baby Q came for her newborn photo session at just a few days brand new. I love all the tones of peachy pinks and light aquas. She gave me a good mix of awake portraits and sleepy. She had some of the cutest little expressions and loved checking out her surroundings. These are just some of my favorites, but her parents are getting so many gorgeous portraits of their new baby girl!
Girly newborn photos of baby Wren, featuring her adorable older sister Mazie. We got the sweetest sibling portraits and so many beautiful photos of Wren! I had the privilege of capturing Mazie’s newborn portraits and milestones ever since, so it was very exciting for me to meet baby Wren. Mazie is the sweetest big sister and truly adores her new baby sister. I just know they will grow up being the best of friends! I look forward to continuing to capture these girls grow over the next year.
For this session, I used a lot of girly elements for some really cute and girly newborn photos. Soft pinks and purples, with lace, florals and greenery; pretty much all my favorite things! Speaking of my favorite things, the hand painted wild flower and butterfly backdrop is one of my clients highly requested backdrops! I have a huge variety of backdrop designs available, clients are able to pick from all of these options.
Currently securing due dates for newborn photo sessions for the remainder of 2021. Email email@example.com to secure availability or book your date on my calendar here.
5 Inexpensive Backdrop Ideas for photographers. Perfect for baby milestones, cake smash photos, or toddler/children’s portraits. Backdrops could also be used for party decorations and moms wanting to take pictures at home!
- Fabric Shower Curtains – when I was a new photographer I used shower curtains a lot! The floral backdrop in the above image is a shower curtain I got years ago and is one of my most requested backdrops still! They are pretty inexpensive on Amazon or even more so if you look in clearance sections at Marshals, Home Goods, or Target. There are endless options too, florals, geometric patterns, laces and ruffles, characters, etc.
- Wall Panels from Home Depot or Lowes. My very popular dark wood backdrop shown below are wall panels that I have been using for years. They are durable and perfect for cake smashes since the cake wipes off easily. Down side to these is transportation, you need a big enough SUV or a truck bed to transport these! Pro tip: ask an employee to cut the panel down for you – I have found 6 ft is plenty of space.
3. DIY fringe backdrop made out of cheap dollar store table cloths! This is time consuming but makes a very cute backdrop. Cut the plastic table cloths into about inch wide sections, as long as you desire and tie to strings to create banners. Layer the banners into a backdrop.
4. Balloons. Creating balloon arches or garlands is fairly simple, just a little time consuming. Putting a balloon garland on a plain wall definitely jazzes it up enough for a cute set! Add some florals or printed out graphics to personalize the set even more.
5. Go to your local fabric store and get 2 yards of stretchy fabric, jersey knit is a great choice. You can use fabric for backdrops attached to your wall for baby milestone photos, cake smash photography, or toddler/children’s portraits or you can use stretched over a bean bag/table for newborn photography. You can also use swaddle blankets this way!
Bonus Inexpensive Backdrop Idea: If you have an artistic hand, paint your own backdrop! Just need some drop cloth canvas from a home improvement store and some acrylic paints, and a plan. My bold ombre hand painted design is a popular pick and was so easy to paint!